About baby care
For baby's sensitive skin
- Q：Which soap is recommended for babies? A： We recommend Mild Pure Soap M from the essential mother soap series for babies. Before using the soap, make sure that your child has no rash or scratches and lather up well before washing. Rinse off the soap thoroughly with a gentle shower.
- Q：Can I use Matsuyama's soap for babies? A： Yes. A simple, fragrance-free soaps, such as "Kamadaki" Framed Soap Bar, Non-Additive Soap Bar and Amino Acid Facial Soap, are recommended. Refrain from rubbing the skin too much and wash gently with an abundant lather. Rinse off the soap thoroughly with a gentle shower. For babies, we recommend the essential mother soap Mild Pure Soap M, Mild Pure Soap C and Mild Pure Soap S. These are simply formulated soaps. The cleansing power is mildest in the order of S - C - M. If your baby is suffering from dry skin due to seasonal change and skin type, the essential mother soap series Smoothing Soap will give more moist feeling. This soap is made based on Mild Pure Soap M, blended with glycerin and sucrose, and has a mild cleansing power. Make sure that your baby does not have rash or scratch and wash with abundant lather. Rinse off the soap thoroughly with gentle shower.
- Q：Can I use Shea Butter Face and Body Moisture Cream for my baby? A： Yes, you can use Shea Butter Face and Body Moisture Cream for your baby. It spreads smoothly and avoids skin irritation caused by scrubbing. Adjust the amount of the cream depending on your baby's skin condition.
- Q：Is there a body soap that can be used for babies? A： For babies, we recommend the essential mother series Body Soap. It is a liquid soap based on palm kernel oil, blended with amino acid soap which has a mild cleansing power. A creamy lather will give a moist feeling after washing.
- Q：Do you have a shampoo that can be used for babies? A： Unfortunately, we do not have a baby shampoo but the M Mark series Amino Acid Soap Shampoo can be used for babies. We also recommend Mild Pure Soap M and Body Soap from the essential mother soap series, since the undamaged hair of babies is unlikely to have squeaky feeling after washing. You can also use PH Balanced Conditioner after shampoo to reduce squeaky feel. Make sure that your baby has no rash or scratch and wash with abundant lather. Rinse off the soap (be careful not to get shampoo in your baby's eyes) thoroughly with a gentle shower.
- Q：Can I use Sunscreen Lotion for my 1-year-old baby? A： Yes, you can use Sunscreen Lotion for your 1-year-old baby. For babies under 1 year of age, it is advisable not to go out to a place where a Sunscreen Lotion will be necessary to protect against UV radiation. From that point of view, for babies under 1 year old, we recommended to put a long-sleeved shirt or a hat to prevent Ultraviolet exposure rather than to apply a sunscreen lotion.
- Q：I am nursing a baby. Please tell me which products I cannot and should not use. I also want to know which products cannot be or should not be used, if any, for my baby who is 1 year old. A： Matsuyama does not positively recommend the use of scented products to pregnant and nursing women because the physical conditions or tastes of women during pregnancy are likely to change and, as a result, their skin may become sensitive or they may feel bad. We also hear that the possibility that essential oil slightly absorbed through the skin of lactating women reaches milk is not zero. It is also said that infants, who still do not have good vision, recognize their mothers from smells. These are the reasons we do not recommend scented products to pregnant and lactating women. In addition, infants are smaller than adults in size, more sensitive to all perfumes, including essential oils, and more likely to receive irritation. It is more safe not to use scented products for infants as well.
- Q：Please recommend body care products that are fit for babies. A： For baby body care, we have essential mother soap series Body Lotion. It does not contain ingredients that may cause irritation, but the infant skin is thinner and more sensitive compared to adults to ingredients contained in cosmetics. Before use, apply it a couple of times to the inner side of your baby's arm to make sure that redness or eruptions do not appear.
- Q：Why is the caution "Pregnant and lactating women and infants are recommended not to use this product" printed on LEAF & BOTANICS "Bath Salt" and "Bath Sugar"? A： LEAF & BOTANICS "Bath Salt" and "Bath Sugar" are blended with natural essential oils. This is the reason we do not recommend them for pregnant and lactating women and infants. There are some products containing essential oils that women are advised not to use if they are pregnant or in the lactation period because there is a possibility that during pregnancy, a very small amount of essential oils will be absorbed into the skin or mucosa and reach the fetus. What is more, the physical condition or taste of a pregnant woman is apt to change, and her skin may become sensitive or she may feel bad with the scents of these products. Also during the lactation period, it is conceivable that a trace amount of essential oils absorbed will enter breast milk. In addition, since it is said that babies recognize their mothers with their smells while they do not have vision, the use of scented products should not be used in some cases. Infants are small and more sensitive to perfumes, including essential oils, than adults on the whole and more likely to get irritated with them. It should be noted that the effects of these products seldom appear as soon as they are used. However, considering safety before anything,, we advise pregnant and lactating women and infants not to use bathing agents containing natural essential oils even if there is not any problem with their design or use. We also recommend pregnant and lactating women to use products free of perfumes, such as essential oils, in daily living and sometimes enjoy products containing them for refreshment.